The counter top in our Punchbowl Bar has recently extended, literally, with the addition of a Whiskey Corner; it sits comfortably in the “corner” like it has been there forever! An impressive mahogany cabinet with glass mirrors etched with “uisce beata” houses a collection of over 150 of the world’s finest whiskies from Ireland, Scotland, America, Canada, Wales and Japan.
You can choose from the extensive menu of whiskies and our bar staff will be only too happy to help you choose the perfect tipple.
If you would like to taste a selection of Irish or Scottish Whiskies why not order a Whiskey Flight?
All flights consist of three samplings of whiskey; there are five different types of flights to choose from:
Irish Whiskey Flights
- No. 1: Tullamore Dew, Jameson, Blackbush - €13.50
- No. 2: Kilbeggan, Jameson Select Reserve, Knappogue Castle 12 Year Old - €17.50
- No. 3: Connemara Peated Single Malt, Redbreast 12 Year Old, Bushmills 16 Year Old - €22.00
- No. 4: Wild Geese Rare, Jameson Gold Reserve, Tyrconnell 14 Year Old - €34.00
- No. 5: Bushmills 21 Year Old, Teeling’s 21, Midleton Very Rare - €65.00
Scottish Whisky Flights
- No. 1: An Cnoc, Bowmore 12, McClellands - €16.00
- No. 2: Glen Ord 12 Year Old, Tamnavulin 12 Year Old, Kilchoman 2010 Spring Release - €21.50
- No. 3: Ardbeg 10 Year Old, Glen Elgin 12 Year, Springbank 10 Year Old - €25.00
- No. 4: Talisker 10 Year Old, Dalwhinnie 15 Year, Glenrothes 1989 - €38.00
- No. 5: Oban 14 Year Old, Caol Ila 18 Year Old, Johnnie Walker Blue Label - €62.00
Did you know?
• The Irish for Whiskey is Uisce Beata, (the Old Gaelic spelling) or Uisce Beatha and translated means “water of life”.
• Scottish and Welsh Whisky is spelt without an ‘e’, Irish and American is spelt Whiskey.
For further details visit our The Punchbowl Bar section.