Can we take photographs in the hotel/gardens?
– Yes of course and we are quite fortunate to have 6 acres of mature gardens, perfect for wedding receptions and outdoor civil ceremoies, weather permitting.
Are wedding chair covers & sashes included?
– Yes and are complimentary. We provide beautiful light silver chair covers with either a ivory, gold or black sash.
Are table centre pieces included and what type?
– Yes, you can choose between tall silver candelabras, elegant tall glass vases with fresh flowers, beautiful crystal globes and/or glass fish bowls with fresh flowers.
Do you have recommendations for entertainment, wedding cake suppliers, hair dressers etc...?
– We can send you a list of suppliers contact details that we recommend. We also have the Innisfallen Health & Beauty rooms for treatments and professional make-up application, located within Great Southern Killarney.
Do you do bridal make up applications?
- Yes, we use the professional MAKE UP FOREVER product range.
Are there special accommodation rates for our guests ?
– Yes, we can offer reduced accommodation rates for wedding guests. (A limited number of rooms apply)
Is the bridal suite complimentary on the night of wedding ?
– Yes, we have the choice suites available to our wedding couples.
Do we get any other rooms complimentary on the night of the wedding ?
– There are 2 complimentary classic bedrooms with the Lace Package and 2 complimentary deluxe bedrooms with the Silk Package for the wedding night.
What are the minimum guest numbers ?
- A minimum of 200 guests is required for The Great Room.
How much is the deposit & how do we pay ?
– To secure the date, €1500 is required and can be paid by credit card, money transfer, cash or cheque.
Can we do a wedding tasting & how many can go to this?
– Yes there is a complimentary wedding tasting for bride and groom with the Velvet & Lace packages. With the Silk package two other guests are also complimentary.
What time is the bar closed?
– The bar in The Great Room closes at 2:30 and residents bar is open til 4am.
Can we provide our own music for entrance song and/or first dance?
– Yes, we can play any song the wedding couple requests.
Can we choose items from different banqueting menus
– Yes, with the Velvet package menu items can be choosen from Menu A and with the Lace & Silk packages menu items can be choosen from Menu A & B.
Do you provide an online wedding planning service?
– Yes we provide complimentary access to the award winning wedding planning service Moposa.
Do you have a cake stand and knife ?
– Yes, 3 tier or traditional stand for complimentary use.
Do you cater for rehearsal/post wedding day parties?
– Yes Click here for menus.
Do you cater for children?
– Yes, we can set up table/chairs, dvds, colouring books etc. during drinks reception and also arrange baby sitters if required.
Is there an in-house wedding coordinator? If there is a coordinator, will they be there for the duration of the reception?
– We have dedicated wedding coordinator and also duty managers who will be here to assist you with everything for your wedding up to and including your wedding day.
Do you cater for special dietary requirements? Coeliacs? Vegetarians?
– Yes of course, just let us know your requirements.
Will you have a red carpet?
– Yes and it is placed on the steps that lead to the main entrance door providing great photo opportunity moments.
Where does the band set up? Where is the dancefloor & does anything have to be moved for the dancefloor?
– We have a stage for the band and the dance floor is at the stage end of the ballroom. In general only a small number of tables have to be moved after dinner to clear for the dancefloor.
Can the drinks reception be in the gardens ?
– Yes weather permitting.
Is there somewhere secure to store wedding cards/ gifts?
– There will be a safe in your room for cards etc. and to also store gifts.
Do you have storage for items we need to bring in for our wedding day e.g. sweets, wedding cake, bathroom baskets etc...?
– Yes we can store all these items for you .