Careers at Great Southern Killarney
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
The Great Southern Killarney now has the opportunity for a hospitality professional to join our amazing team. The successful candidate is a mature, highly efficient, well organised and energetic individual who leads by example and ensures our guests have the best possible experience for the entire duration of their stay. Our ideal Accommodation Manager is someone who has an excellent collaborative attitude, enjoys the fast pace and varied nature of the hospitality industry and has the ability to stay calm and work as part of a team during particularly busy times.
Key delivery areas:
The Accommodation Managers role directs, lead and manages all operations and employees in Housekeeping to obtain the highest quality of cleanliness and standards by managing department in an efficient and organised manner ensuring strict cost control is maintained at all times while providing efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble free and proactive service to customers; hence maximise guest satisfaction and is responsible for the total presentation of the property in keeping with grading from Failte Ireland.
To take full responsibility for the following functions within the Accommodation department:
- Operations (maintaining standards, orders, storage, maintenance, compliance, inspections, schedules, S.O.P’s etc.)
- Customer service (guest satisfaction, lost property, complaint / compliment handling)
- Financial (meeting targets, inventory, wage-costs, procurement, department cost accounts etc.)
- Health & Safety (compliance, training, implementation and risk assessment)
- Employee management (policy enforcement and implementation, rostering, HR-related duties, motivation, training etc.)
- Qualification in Hotel Management or similar a clear advantage although not required.
- At least 3 years’ experience within an Accommodation Department at supervisory or more senior level.
- Ideally should have previous Hotel experience in a similar sized property
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Hotsoft, or similar advantageous
- Ability to learn new information systems
- Strong commercial and business knowledge an advantage
- Strong people management, development and leadership skills with approachable management style and experience in delivery of very high standards through department
- Flexibility to assist in other departments should the need arise.
- Communicate very well in English both verbally and written
- Local knowledge of Killarney
- An organised and quality led approach to the department with ability to multitask
- Will have a natural, hands-on approach in ensuring that exceptional customer service is delivered to all guests at all times with enthusiastic “can do“ approach
- Resilient and capable of working under pressure in a fast paced environment a distinct advantage
- Will take pride in a well presented and clean Hotel and will always seek to improve the property.
- Thorough Understanding of the importance of Customer Experience and uncompromising standards of excellence
- High Attention to Detail with regards to cleanliness, costs, safety, presentation, etc.
- Organizational Skills – schedules, timelines, future planning etc.
- Problem-Solving Skills – for employee conflict, customer complaints, stock issues etc.
- Proactive disposition – anticipation of challenges and mitigation of risks
- Great communication skills – ability to clearly communicate with suppliers, management and staff across a variety of nationalities and experience levels
- Energetic, Friendly, Approachable, Professional, Courteous and Well Groomed
Chef de Partie - Bar
The Great Southern Killarney is looking for a highly efficient, well organised and energetic Chef de Partie. The ideal candidate is someone who's got bags of stamina and enjoys the fast pace of working in a kitchen preparing food for our bar. You also need to be able to stay calm and work as part of a team during a frenetic service. As head of your section you need to be confident enough to manage the commis chefs working with you - and to give them clear instructions.
Key delivery areas:
As Chef De Partie your role will include food and beverage preparation and organisation, including purchasing of stock, storage and control of same. As a senior staff member you’ll be held responsible for productivity of your section, staff management and training all whilst adhering to our organisational and industrial codes of conduct and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Organise kitchen operations for service in the restaurant, bar and banqueting.
- Apply organisational skills for workflow planning and Mise en Place.
- Ensure quality and consistency of food served.
- Organise kitchen for A la Carte, general production and preparation.
- Monitor and maximise efficiency in kitchen operations.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Managing and training any chefs or other kitchen staff working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Food Prep overview includes (but not limited to): Carve meats and fish. Appetizers, savouries, sandwiches, salads. Hot and cold sauces for menu items. Dishes containing rice, farinaceous foods and pulses.
- Dishes containing eggs. Poultry/game and meat dishes. Sauces for meat, game and poultry dishes. Fish dishes and shellfish dishes. Sauces for fish and shellfish. Cakes and yeast goods. Hot and cold desserts. Pâtés and Terrines. Chicken, meat and seafood curries. Rice dishes. Regional dishes local and foreign.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar Role
- Experience in a similar 4* Deluxe environment preferable
- Customer Experience Champion and a strong, confident but level-headed leader capable of managing high presentation, consistency- and service standards and delegate tasks to ensure productivity.
- Strong work ethic and high standards of achievement, integrity and attention to detail
- Attention to detail, excellent presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and creative talent
- Passionate approach to the production of food
- Flair and imagination
- Management and organisational skills
- Fully aware and compliant in Food Safety and HACCP Food Management Systems
- Have a good grasp on profit margins
Suitable candidates can apply with CV to email@example.com
Direct Line: 00353-64-6638042